Providing a quality, trustworthy and safe service to our customers at a fair price is very important to us at Wirral Metals Limited. Our accreditations also require that we:
- calibrate our scales regularly to ensure accurate measurement
- have fully trained our staff on all site machinery and vehicles
We have obtained a number of important industry accreditations. These organisations (listed below) have validated that we:
- ensure the safety of customers and staff on our premises
- document and maintain all site procedures
By working to continually maintain our industry accreditations, we provide a consistently high level of customer service, ensuring that we:
- regularly solicit feedback from our customers
- are fully insured
“I believe that Wirral Metals Limited is the most trained and accredited scrap metal company within the North West. We would be happy to provide you with evidence of all procedures and accreditations to give you full confidence in our service.”
Simon Flood, Director, Wirral Metals Limited
ISO 9001:2008 – Quality*
In obtaining the internationally recognised ISO 9001 quality certification, we have demonstrated that all our staff understand our quality procedures and deliver the highest quality of service to our customers at all times. Achieving this certification we have:
- developed a formal quality statement, closely linked to our business plan and our customer needs
- developed a system for effective communication with our customers about all aspects of our business
- determined our customers’ requirements
- formally addressed every problem or potential problem, documented the solution(s) and monitored their effectiveness
- regularly reviewed our quality plan and our performance as a business
For more information about the ISO 9001 accreditation, please visit www.iso.org.
* Note that as of September 2017, Wirral Metals Limited is running to ISO 9001:2015 standards, and is awaiting official external audit, due March 2018.
Waste Management Industry Training & Advisory Board (WAMITAB)
WAMITAB is the Awarding Body for the waste management industry and supports training and technical competence, from operative to management level qualifications in resource management and recycling, cleansing and facilities management.
For more information about the WAMITAB accreditation, please visit www.wamitab.org.uk.
The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
Achieving this accreditation illustrates we have met our buyers’ health and safety standards. CHAS assessed our:
- Health and safety policy statement
- Organisation for health and safety
- Specific health and safety arrangements to a standard acceptable to buyers and to others
For more information about the CHAS accreditation, please visit www.chas.co.uk.
* As of July 2013, Wirral Metals Limited has been reapproved for their CHAS accreditation for the second year.
British Metals Recycling Association (BMRA)
The UK metal recycling sector is represented by the BMRA. The members of which trade and process steel, aluminium, copper and most other ferrous and non ferrous metals; and recycle a wide range of related products, such as end of life vehicles, packaging, batteries, domestic appliances, building materials and electronic goods.
For more information about the BMRA accreditation, please visit www.recyclemetals.org.
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
NEBOSH provide a comprehensive range of globally-recognised, vocationally-related qualifications designed to meet the health, safety, environmental and risk management needs of all places of work.
Wirral Metal Limited’s Alex Smith recently achieved distinction in the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, meaning he is technically competent to run risk assessments and regular internal health and safety audits for Wirral Metals Limited’s two sites. Alex’s qualification also means that he is qualified to audit other companies’ health and safety standards in line with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation.
For more information about NEBOSH, please visit www.nebosh.org.uk.