Wirral Metals Limited have obtained a range of important industry accreditations, meaning that we can ensure the safety of our customers and staff on our premises, and document and maintain all site procedures. For more information, take a look below:
ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management
In obtaining the internationally recognised ISO 9001 quality certification, we have demonstrated that all our staff understand our quality procedures and deliver the highest quality of service to our customers at all times. Achieving this certification we have:
- developed a formal quality statement, closely linked to our business plan and our customer needs
- developed a system for effective communication with our customers about all aspects of our business
- determined our customers’ requirements
- formally addressed every problem or potential problem, documented the solution(s) and monitored their effectiveness
- regularly reviewed our quality plan and our performance as a business
ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management
In obtaining the ISO 14001 quality certification for both our Port Sunlight and Birkenhead sites, we have achieved the intended outcomes of our environmental management system. Consistent with our environmental policy, the outcomes of our environmental management system include:
- enhancement of the environmental performance of our organisation
- fulfilment of compliance obligations
- achievement of our environmental objectives
The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
Achieving this accreditation illustrates we have met our buyers’ health and safety standards. CHAS assessed our:
- Health and safety policy statement
- Organisation for health and safety
- Specific health and safety arrangements to a standard acceptable to buyers and to others
The Alcumus SafeContractor accreditation is the leading health and safety accreditation, recognised by 34,000 contractors and 480 big name brands. This allows us to pool together all of our health, safety, and ethical policies in one place – for one SSIP and PAS91 certification.
The SSIP and PAS91 contractor accreditation scheme checks that we meet the necessary requirements around health and safety, equal opportunities, diversity and environmental management practices – all in one plan.
Waste Management Industry Training & Advisory Board (WAMITAB)
WAMITAB is the Awarding Body for the waste management industry and supports training and technical competence, from operative to management level qualifications in resource management and recycling, cleansing and facilities management.
British Metals Recycling Association (BMRA)
The UK metal recycling sector is represented by the BMRA. The members of which trade and process steel, aluminium, copper and most other ferrous and non ferrous metals; and recycle a wide range of related products, such as end of life vehicles, packaging, batteries, domestic appliances, building materials and electronic goods.
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
NEBOSH provide a comprehensive range of globally-recognised, vocationally-related qualifications designed to meet the health, safety, environmental and risk management needs of all places of work.
Wirral Metal Limited’s Alex Smith recently achieved distinction in the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, meaning he is technically competent to run risk assessments and regular internal health and safety audits for Wirral Metals Limited’s two sites. Alex’s qualification also means that he is qualified to audit other companies’ health and safety standards in line with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation.