At Wirral Metals Limited we welcome all metal recycling door trade to both our Birkenhead and Port Sunlight sites. At both locations we can:
- Identify your metals: We can have metal samples assayed for you. Leave your metal with us and within approximately one week, we will identify your metal so that it can be valued.
- Weigh your metals: At both of our sites, we have digital weighbridges and digital scales. Our scales are regularly recalibrated to ensure you receive an accurate valuation for your scrap. While we welcome door trade at both sites, we operate our transport from our Port Sunlight site, which more suited to metal recycling for larger, more commercial customers.
- Buy your metals: Since December 2012, government legislation means that it is illegal for us to pay for scrap metals with cash. When you come to one of our yards, please bring photo ID in the form of a passport or photo driving licence and a current utility bill as proof of address. We will also need your bank details or that of the company that you represent. We will then pay you by cheque or electronic bill payment.
- Provide expert advice: Our operatives are on-site Monday to Friday and will be happy to discuss any queries about scrap metals or metal recycling and offer guidance on how to make the most of your scrap.
- Recycle your cardboard packaging: Wirral Metals Limited have obtained a licence to recycle cardboard onsite. This is a service for commercial/industrial customers only.